Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One Nation Under God


You can see the video of the artist and his story of this painting HERE.

"The Constitution of this government was written by men who accepted Jesus Christ as the Savior of mankind.  Men and women who live in America, "the land of Zion," have a responsibility greater than that yet borne by any other people.  Theirs is the duty, the obligation to preserve not only the Constitution of the land but also the Christian principles from which sprang the immortal document."
                                   -David O. McKay, former President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints given in 1942 during WWII in a General Conference.  (CR Report Oct. 1942, p 70) 

2 comments:

The Wilkins' said...

I love his work! He actually is a literally long-lost relative of mine. His mom (I think) is my dad's cousin... and they just met like a year ago for the first time. I love his nativity painting.

rebecca said...

What a beautiful picture. It made me think of the series of books I just finished. If you want a great series, try out The Great and Terrible one by Chris Stewart! I just finished the 5th and final book and it was so good!!! Makes you think about the last days and how far we would go to keep the Constitution in tact!!