Friday, January 22, 2010

Lemon Drop Cookies


In case you never made these when I posted about them 2 years ago, here's another reminder.  I made a batch yesterday and I love them!  Here's the link to Katherine's recipe.  The only changes I make when I bake these--I only use 2 eggs, because I buy eggs from Costco and they are x-large.  Also, lately I haven't been crushing the candy in the food processor, just pounding it in the package with a marble rolling pin.  I would always over crush in the food processor, so I'd have lemon drop dust rather than small hunks.  That is what makes these cookies.  The lemon drop chunks melt when they bake, so when you eat them you have little crunchy goodies sprinkled through the soft lemony cookie.
Is your mouth watering yet? GO make them!  May seem like more work than most cookies, but save time by using a cookie scoop rather than rolling them in balls.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I really wish you would not have posted these, now I really want to go make them!!