Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Black Widow Strikes Again

Another black widow spider in my life. This time it was in the house! I was looking for something in my parent's unfinished basement, and saw it in a box. It was crouched in a corner, and a jar was close by so I just trapped it in the jar.

But don't think I was merciful. After my last run in with one of these beasts, this arachnid wasn't going to survive. So it was sealed in the jar until everyone could check it out, then murdered. I actually was interested to see the red hour glass shape beneath its butt.
It was pretty big as far as spiders in your house go, but compared to what was in my sleeve at Thanksgiving, it was a lot smaller, especially its butt. I wonder if abdomens on spiders vary like bra cup sizes for human females. By the way I got the bill today--$1500 ER visit. I hadn't touched my deductible prior to Thanksgiving, so I looked over the insurance statements today and thought "Better get the cape-making sweatshop up and running again!"


So we get to spray to kill any more spiders down in the basement.
All my life I never took spider venom seriously.
But now I am somewhat paranoid that my kid will get bitten and die or something.
So I am on a black widow killing mission.

7 comments:

Elsie said...

Ahh you are so brave! I can't believe that you trapped that thing. Get rid of them, that pain sounds terrible spiderwoman!

Mysha said...

So, you can't post anymore spider pictures/stories or I can't read your blog. I've been shaking out all my clothes and checking all my shoes since you got bit! By the way I'm glad you are alright!

Natalie said...

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Unknown said...

sick, gross, that thing is making my skin itchy!

I hope you enjoyed killing that thing...I know I would have!

Unknown said...

by the way, is that comment above mysha from highschool?!?

if it is, tell her I want to be invited to her blog!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

thank you for tht hideous picture. u have officially ruined my year. lovely.

The Lovells said...

We hate spiders! We have killed several Brown Recluse spiders since we moved into our house.