Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 24th-- Pioneer Day

80s Party
Utah has a state holiday, Pioneer Day. This year, the Crapo family celebrated it 80s Style.We were listening to a lot of 80s music when we stayed in Logan watching our nieces and nephews. So I decided to plan a family 80s party. I had everything planned from the last 80s party I was in charge of, so it was really easy. I was really impressed with all of Rhett's family. They all dressed up. The party was totally rad. Our little family in front of 80s Jeopardy.
RJ is wearing his overalls with only one strap I hope you noticed. The wings in my hair on the sides of my head were much better earlier, and you can barely see my hot pink scrunchie holding my side-half-ponytail in place.




Our Tubular Party:
  • 80s Fashion Show walking down the fluorescent lit hallway to the tune of "Ice Ice Baby" and other 80s hits off Natalie's 80s mixes she made for the last party
  • Dinner
  • 80s Jeopardy
  • Slide show of everyone during the 80s
  • Dessert: homemade ice cream with Pacman cake
I think my favorite part was the slide show. Most of the adults graduated high school in the mid to late 80s and there were some awesome outfits and hair dos. My favorite photo was a brother-in-law with a perm. Rhett and I were kids, so our photos weren't as funny.
Rhett.
He isn't into dressing up that much. But he is a champ in doing what I ask. He was a Nelson twin in his acid washed jean jacket and white wig. His expression needs little explanation.Who are the Nelson brothers you ask?
the Pac-man cake used fondant, if you are interested, it is easy and fun to use
I have emailed the 80s Jeopardy to a couple people. If you have an 80s party coming up and would like a forwarded copy: jessica.crapo@gmail.com If you don't have one coming up, plan one. They are radical.

2 comments:

The Wilkins' said...

Oh my heck, Jess, that is awesome! What a cool family! I'm so glad you kept that pink dress, and hope you keep it forever! :)

Mysha said...

Jess, you are so creative! We were trying to come up with a theme for our family reunion this year and I think 80's is it! I need to go find my crimper.