Thursday, October 25, 2007

80s Party

This year I started a new club called Adult Night Out, one of the many different clubs in the med-school spouse organization. Tonight was our second activity, an 80s Party. Weeks ago when I was telling Lynette about my plans, she told me to skip the MC Hammer pants because she had an outfit in mind. She made me promise to wear whatever she sent and so I was excited at the idea of having a surprise 80s outfit for the party. I knew Lynette wouldn't dissapoint and the outfit was totally rad. Everything down to the hot pink shoes and fishnet tights were part of her package and I was pretty excited. Also, the shoulder pads and hip ruffle? Got to love it. Totally tubular.


The actual party was pretty fun. We played 80s Jepordy and I was really impressed with a lot of people. Some highlights however include:


-Katherine smoked the category: "Name that Theme Song" I think only 5 notes played before she knew the song was the theme from Who's The Boss. WOW.
  • Kaitie remembered what Popples were

  • Terrilyn knew it was a slip-n-slide from the mere description: "Famous for causing grass burns, this outside toy requires..."

I was able to find a pac-man joystick game for the guys, and we had an Outfit contest for the following categories: Biggest Hair, Best 80s Makeup, Best 80s Pants, Most Accessories, and Best Overall. I made a huge Twister board out of a king sized sheet and we gave out CDs of the 80s mix soundtrack we played in the background, courtesy of Natalie.


The one thing that would have made the night would have been if I'd found Michael Jackson's music video of Thriller. We still had fun without it, but it would have been great to finish with.

I looked online for make-up tips from the 80s. I also didn't know the exact technique to get the big hair, but half a can of hair spray kept some height.

Rhett suggested this pic of us be our Christmas card.

6 comments:

Emily said...

This takes me back. Not to the 80s, since I don't even really remember that, but to the dances that we would dress up for in high school. You were always the life of the party. Looks like a fun group of girls.

jayne said...

Definitely should be the Christmas card this year.

MissMolly said...

Love, Love, Love the hair! It's hugely fabulous, You don't even look like yourself. I am actually a fan of the whole outfit. Nice job Nette! I'm glad to hear that the party went so well.

The Posse said...

SO bugged I missed this. Kick me. You're so hot.

The Wilkins' said...

Your outfit was definitely my favorite! Even all decked out 80's style you look so pretty!

TerriLyn said...

This was such a blast Jessica. I'm so glad I went!!