Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tragic

I just happened upon this photo and busted up laughing. This was taken when I was 12 years old for a Young Women's project at church, something to do with Family History--thus the black and white. I remember the project was on the counter and my Dad walked by and picked it up and said: "Whoa. Jess you look like a Holocaust victim." At the time I had hurt feelings, but really, can you look at this photo and not crack up?
I think I'm refusing to smile due to braces. I'm assuming the hair is probably from being a "bun head" obsessed with ballet and I was used to slicking it back. As for the dress? A pass-me-down that was way too big, and luckily had a tie in the back to cinch it to my boyish figure.
Glad I found it again.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Jessica- I love your tragic picture. I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has awkward tween pictures. You're so brave to post it. Ha, Ha.

Trever said...

You're hilarious Jess. That barely even looks like you. I defintely had way worse pictures of my teenage years, and definitely went through the "slicked" look.

jayne said...

I'm also glad you found it.

Natalie said...

I didn't even recognize you--I'm still not totally convinced that is you!

The Posse said...

Simply amazing. Holocaust victim.