Friday, October 19, 2007

New Addictions

I have been fueled by a few new addicitons. My friend, Katherine first introduced Rhett and I to the NBC sitcom The Office. I'd heard about it, but we have never managed to have network television in the three years we've been married, so thankfully we borrowed the previous seasons on DVD to catch up to speed with the current season and it has been a hilarious experience.
Rhett's favorite character: Kevin Malone
Jessica's favorite character: Dwight Shrute

Katherine has recently passed on what I think will become a new addiction. I've also heard a lot about this, and expect to be pleased. I'm going to begin the vampire romance series: TWILIGHT by Stephanie Meyer. When she lent me the book she read me the back cover:

"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him--and I didn't know how dominant that part might be--that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
We were both cracking up and I'm excited to get into a book that I think I may have misjudged by the cover thus far. Despite the cheese on the back, I'm sure I'll like it...to be continued.
Oh, and thanks for all my new interests in life Katherine. Keep them coming.

4 comments:

Rebecca S said...

I am a newly addicted Stephanie Meyer fan also. I started Twighlight two weeks ago when I got to Utah - my mom and sisters had all read them. I loved it, and now I'm half-way through the second one, New Moon. They're way addicting - which is evidenced by the fact that I got up at 6am on a Saturday morning when my kids are both still asleep just to read!

Katherine said...

Hmmm... do I have any other addictions to pass on. Besides red vines and diet coke, let me think... have you ever tried blogging? :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hey jess, I got the link to your blog from emily and melody...you are hilarious!! and i am glad you have an office addiction, my husband scott and I watch it religiously. Dwight is my favorite too, hands down!