Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Cake



For Baby Rhett's 1st birthday, I made him a bulldog cake. I've been wanting to try fondant for a while. I printed the instructions off 2 years ago and finally thought his birthday would be worth the effort. It was easier than I thought and was pretty fun.

I wish I'd kept the face plain white. I was trying to make a light tan, and added a little brown food coloring but it looks more pink. Rhett walked by before the dark brown stuff was on and asked: "Wait...are you making a bulldog or a pig? Why is it pink?" So this is my pig/dog.

For fondant instructions

5 comments:

Kassie said...

ha/ha
Rhett's comments sound similar to a comment Mike made recently.

I made mashed potatoes for my first time recently. I gave Mike a bite. Innocently, he said, "Ummm. Yeah, they're good...they're a little crunchy." I gave took 'lumpy mashed potatoes' to a whole new level. :)

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

AWESOME!! It didn't look pink on my computer!!

jayne said...

Only you could "try it out for the first time" and end up with AMAZING product at the end. No pink on my computer either. Awesome.

Mr. Dean R. Kelly said...

No pink on my monitor either...I guess you just have to be there to see pink. How does that stuff slice/cut....do you have to have a HOT/WET blade or can you use a regular old knife....looks so darn complicated but I think I want to give it a try.