Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Girls' Trip 2009

Thanks to Southwest Airlines' super cheap flights, I was able to meet up with my girlfriends from Missouri in the Windy City, and head off to South Bend to spend a few days with Erin, my life-long ballet friend. The weather was perfect. Natalie & I saw Marry Poppins on Broadway--magical. Some shopping, great food, and the best part--hilarious, fun, friends. Although, who exercises on vacation? All of them except me. I held all their junk in my jumbo purse and laid on the beach relaxing (what vacation is for), getting the photo of a seagull, and enjoyed the sun, all while they jogged along the river.

It was so much fun and I'm glad I came. Natalie's husband told her if the tight-wad (me) went, she had to go too, assuming I would back out. Well Ray, I hope your surprised.

Ashley, Natalie, me (in my new raincoat), Jayne, Katherine

moving on to the next half of my trip:

NOTRE DAME

The main reason to take the train east to South Bend, Indiana was to visit Erin. But I was really excited to see the Notre Dame campus, where her husband is in grad school. Why am I so attached to a university I've never seen?
My favorite movie is Rudy.

When I was talking to Erin about potentially coming to visit, she promised me good food, and she totally delivered. She's a great cook and everything was delicious and I had so much fun chatting, eating, and being introduced to Arrested Development. We went on a tour of a mansion in South Bend and the tour guide was self proclaimed "Irish, through and through" but later on the tour he revealed he was part Cherokee, so I questioned all the other stuff he told us on the tour too. The chocolate dipped cannoli from an Italian bakery looked better before I inhaled the first half, but I think you get the point.

It was fun to see so many great friends this weekend, and I've come home refreshed and excited to see my two Rhetts.
***I always seem to do something really stupid whenever I travel. This trip my phone was freaking out the night before I left, so I took my mom's and forgot to inform everyone of the new number. I brought the charger to my bluetooth, not my mom's phone, so two days in I had to turn it off and save the last bar for the call to pick me up from the airport. Compared to other traveling chaos, this trip was pretty smooth.

For other travel blunders by Jessica:

1 comment:

Ryan + Jess said...

How FUN to go see E and the historic Notre Dame. What a beautiful campus - and a fun trip, sounds like!