Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trying to be an entrepreneur...sort of

I've opened a little etsy shop to see if the stuff I've made for kids has any appeal to anyone other than myself and my mom. We think they are really cute, and so you may agree, or know someone who might like it. The first one I made was the bluebird and I was so excited with the way it turned out I wore it to Herschel's blind event, because they couldn't tell an adult was wearing a kid backpack. One night I was telling Lynette about some plans I already had for this little shop and our minds exploded with great ideas...so credit to Lynette for some of the ideas, and mentoring me through backpack construction.

So far I've really enjoyed it, the animal backpacks are really fun and I have lots more planned if people seem to like the one's I've already made.

So if you know anyone who might like to take a look: http://www.primobambino.etsy.com/
Thanks!
And if you think they are lame, I can take some constructive criticism too.



Also, I've been thinking of selling the patterns for the animal backpacks, since they are all original designs I drew freehand...do you think people would prefer to buy a pattern for cheap (<$10) and sew it themselves???

5 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

Oh my gosh JESSSSS.... these are wonderful!!! I WILL buy one for my child. And I actually want that bird one for myself. You are so Talented!!!

Ryan + Jess said...

Those are beautiful and so fun! I would love that for my kids to set them apart from all the blah Disney Princess backpacks. You should make purses, too!

Journey to Mia Lynn: said...

Jessisca~WOW! These are amazing! I have sent out the link to your store to everyone in my address book! You are so talented! Now, if I just had a little one to buy one for...GRRRR. Hopefully soon, right? Anyway, I LOVE them. You should set up at the summer flee markets or street fairs & such. Like at the fall festivals & stuff...I really think you could do wonderfully. Also, if you took some samples to local boutique's or shops, they will often sell them for you for a percentage of the profit. I really think you have something with these. AMAZING! Great job! I was thinking you should add your signs to your store as well! Those are wonderful as well! You know, this is how HUGE companies are made girl! Best of luck!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oooh, i'm going right now to check everything out!!

***** said...

Like I said, You're amazing. I can't wait to check 'em out. I'm gonna send all my friends your shop address. I love them! Ems is starting pre-k next year and will look so cute sporting one of those.

I would MUCH rather have YOU make it. Keep the pattern and my money. I love it!