Saturday, June 28, 2008

Don't Tease Me!

Tonight Rebecca called and asked...

"Have you been by Aerocare lately?"

"Don't tease me!" I exclaimed.

"I had nothing to do with it, but you might want to drive by." "Sweet!"

"Talk to you later."

"Bye"
Pretty much one of the best phone conversations of my life.
So here is their attempt for Patriotism...
It was 10:00pm tonight and Rhett drove me up. I started twisting my camera onto the tripod.
Rhett: "You brought the tripod?"
Jess: "Of course. Have to... night shoot."
Rhett: "Jess, isn't this a little embarrassing?"
Jess: "What? taking pictures? or just the tripod."
Rhett: "Aren't you embarrassed when people drive by and you're out there with all your equipment taking pictures of that" [pointing to the window]
Jess: [sarcastically]"Rhett, when are you going to grow up" as she gets out of the car
Photo shoot takes place while Rhett and RJ wait in the car. At first glance this wasn't too different from last week, having no major change in the position of the mannequins. But as I got closer, a nuance that has gone unnoticed these last 6 months....
the packaging tape for a neck!!
When I saw this I think I did kind of a little dance. I was really excited and thought it was hilarious. Continued taking my pictures.
I hopped in the car and began telling Rhett about the gem I got of the neck on what I call the "Scarecrow Mannequin".
Rhett: So that must have been what you were freaking out about.
Jess: Oh ya. It was awesome!
Rhett: From out here it looked like you thought the mannequins were real models, pretending to be a photographer--dancing around and getting shots from all the different angles like you were encouraging the models on saying [in a feminine voice] 'looks great. You look hot. Work it girl!'
Jess: I guess from a distance it might have looked like that but it felt more like a mad scientist discovering something amazing.
Rhett: Either way, the people driving by would probably recommend some psychiatric help.
So I hope you enjoy these shots and I'm glad Aerocare did give something new before I left and thanks to Rhett for cracking me up in between and helping put my hobbies in perspective of the public.

4 comments:

MissMolly said...

Love it Love it! My only regret was never having seen this window in person. Way to go Aerocare for pulling through one last time. My personal favorite is the pinwheel with flags on it just sitting there between the mannequin’s legs. What is that? I don't ever remember wearing one of those... but i've also never had a packing tape neck. I'm glad you made the discovery and that people thought you were interacting with the people in the window!

The Posse said...

Absolutely brilliant. My favorite part is your response to Rhett's concern-- "When are you going to grow up?" I'm still laughing over that.
And when I say that, this is an audible laugh. Most of the time, I shake my head and laugh on the inside-- this time, baby, I'm laughing on the outside.

Sara said...

oh my GOSH you are kidding, i always try to tell my friends about that creepy place and no one knows what on earth I am talking about! my parents live west of town off of potter so every time i was driving back home late at night in high school i had to drive past that obscene establishment and then i would feel nervous when i had to get out of my car in the dark and walk to the door because i was so disturbed. my favorite was when they put a dummy on a stretcher and another was standing over her gazing into her eyes and caressing her cheek ever so lightly... seriously do you think it is a joke to the people who set it up or is it like a full time job or what! and why does it have to be lit day and night?? i am so happy that someone else noticed.

Rebecca said...

Jess, you're so funny! I've always wanted to go check it out, but now I realize, I forgot and probably won't be able to for a long time. thanks for capturing the scene so well! :)