Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dang You Aerocare!

If you've been watching our blog, you've seen two previous posts featuring Aero care. This business wins any award for "Creepy Window Display". Since I know our blog is lame-o I won't assume you've been a dedicated viewer and have already seen the previous posts, here are the links: If this is your first Aero Care experience, I suggest seeing post one first as it explains the business and it might make more sense...but maybe just a little.
Post One--Summer Fun for the Disabled




I've been driving by Aero care for the last six months waiting for them to rearrange their creepiness to give me another chance to enjoy their "style" one last time before we move in 3 weeks. But here it stays, the same set up since Christmas. I noticed in March they put two green top hats on each mannequin for St. Patricks Day, but please, it's just not as exciting. So here is my final, disappointing post on Aero care...going out with a dud. Also, where did the blond mannequin go featured in the summer post??? I also just noticed that the standing mannequin is missing her 4th and 5th fingers on her right hand. Did a department store put these in the trash and an Aero care employee rescued them???





If you've seen the 80s flick Mannequin, (I loved this movie by the way) can you imagine what these poor saps' options are when they come alive? Hang out and have wheelchair races? Contests who can hold their breath the longest wearing a bi-pap? I bet these mannequins wish they'd never been rescued from the JC Penny dumpster...especially the one that only has a head and hands attached to the red he/she stuffed body.

2 comments:

Rebecca S said...

I think of you and smile everytime I go past Aerocare. In fact, I'm tempted to call them right now, tell them about your blog, and see if they can come thru for you - at least put a sparkler in one of the hands or something. I never have seen that movie - but do you remember "Todays Special" with Jeff, Jodie and Muffy?

melody said...

Ha ha! You find the greatest things to post about. Scrolling down, the O.N.C.N.T. one caught my eye. (Well, first the pictures of your darling baby boy did. He's awesome!) Oh, far to sadly, I can relate. Only I have the rainbow in Mossimo shirts from Target. I love it when Emily comes to town because we do a little shopping (which I usually avoid) and she always seems to help me find something different and fun. But it seems I reach for one of my old, boring t-shirts most days. Oh well! Good luck with your closet. And I hope motherhood is treating you well. Isn't is incredibly difficult but the best thing you have ever done?