Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Toddler Bed & Woody

We took the bar off the crib to make it a toddler bed.  RJ kept climbing out.  He'd get up on his belly on a corner, flip his legs around, so he was standing on the mattress from the outside, his fat feet squishing through the bars, then just fall off.

So to prevent further injury, we updated the bed.

But now he can get out any time he wants.  So today when he wasn't in the mood for a nap, and I plopped him in his bed and shut the door, he took off all his clothes and took a nap on the carpet. 

But other days he looks really cute and grown up in his big boy bed.

Woody is his favorite toy.  They had a Woody at church and his cousins have a Woody.  He'd play with Woody as much as he could.  So I found a smoking deal on craigslist for a new Woody doll.  I had planned to give it to him for his birthday next month, but Rhett thought he should get it early.  We were discussing it and I asked: "Do you really think he's earned it?"  Rhett gave me a look and asked how would a 2-year-old earn anything.  "Good behavior."  In the end, Rhett pointed out we've never bought him a toy, (we just leach off of Grandma's stock and gifts from grandparents) so RJ got it early.  Spoiled rotten.

RJ tries to feed Woody, gives him rides around the house on his bike, and props him up to watch TV with him. 

One night we put RJ to bed and he had me tuck in Woody on his pillow next to him.  I got to the lamp, and turned around as I was walking out, and saw RJ just staring at Woody, pat the top of his head, then kiss him on the cheek.  This kid loves this toy.  Pretty cute. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever read! Maybe Rhett will be the next Andy. I love it when they have a little friend like that.

Kassie said...

I have tears. So cute. I love sleeping babies with the favorite toy they have 'earned'.

The Wilkins' said...

My heck, SO cute!

Erich and Tanis said...

Haha, Jeremy has a Woody doll as well - it goes with him everywhere!