Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hair Update

Here's my hair.
Still playing with it to figure out how to style it.
I don't know if I look good with short hair, but it sure is a lot easier. 
One of my favorite things with short hair--
NO BIG HAIR BALL TO THROW AWAY EACH TIME I WASH MY HAIR.
Maybe you long-haired girls don't have hair balls to throw away.  The worst is post baby and you loose all your hair.  My dad's worst chore ever was coming into the our bathroom as girls to "fix" the clogged drain in the tub.  He'd make us pull out the nasty, shampoo/ conditioner coated hair glob of a "dead rat" that was clogging the drain. Despite my best efforts to not let my hair go down the drain, with 3 girls, I guess we grew hair rats in the drain all the time.  Super gross.

But now my hair is so short, there's not much to even wash, and nothing to collect.
I think I prefer it in the middle, with a softer flow, but not rounded on my head.  Closer to this last photo. 
But really, it kind of just falls where it dries and I don't care. 
Sometimes I'll see my reflection and I think how weird I look.  Rhett's used to it now, but prefers longer hair "for sure."

We'll have to see where this mane goes from here.

13 comments:

Marianne said...

I love the hair in the last picture! Like I said... I wish I could pull it off!

***** said...

I LOVE IT! you look wonderful and your face is so darling that any haircut would look incredible on you. I love the spontaneous. I dream of doing that someday but probly won't. Love It!

The Wilkins' said...

you're gorgeous, Jess!

Sarah said...

Ooh I like it!

Journey to Mia Lynn: said...

Looks great! Love the 1st, 3rd & last pics the best. Think the 3rd is my favorite! SO CUTE!

Stephanie Kelly said...

Ok I LOVE IT!!! I love all the ways to style it...so cute. And you are so extremely beautiful I hope you know!

jayne said...

I love the last picture. You are one hot momma!

Nashelle said...

You pull it off so well! Beautiful!

Mr. Dean R. Kelly said...

Maria loves your new hair..shocking..wonder why.

Kassie said...

I knew YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!! I love IT!!

Katherine said...

It looks good! You look great with short hair. Your last post about your hair made me laugh so hard. You're so funny, Jess. I really love the last photo.

Ruth Harper Gough said...

love love love love it. I wish I were brave enough to chop mine. well, lets just say that in one more aspect of life you are now a hero. that makes about a million... you go girl.

rebecca said...

Wow!!! Drop Dead Gorgeous!!!!!