Thursday, March 18, 2010

Residency Match Results

We are excited to have future income as Rhett being an employee of Idaho State University, so we'll be living in Pocatello, Idaho for the next 3 years!
He'll be a Family Medicine resdient.

It's only 3 hours from my family and Rhett is excited about the program.

Everyone, especially the Idahoans I know say it is the "buttcrack" or "armpit" of Idaho {their words not mine} but maybe we'll figure it out once we get there, because it seemed fine to us when we went to interview.  They have a Costco and fabric store so I am set. 

My only complaint is probably the temple being in Idaho Falls, so a 30-40 min drive, but that's nothing compared to when we lived in the Nauvoo Temple district and it was a day trip to another state to attend the temple. 

I'm excited because housing is really affordable, so we'll most likely purchase a house!  That will be so great.  I am thrilled about not having to rent or mooch, for the first time in our 6 years of marriage.  So lots of things to look forward to.

Some things to dread, like moving again.  Our crap is pretty much spread throughout my parent's house.  We tried to pack things we'd not need these two years separate from the things we would need, but somehow over these 2 years, we opened almost every box and almost need to unpack everything and repack it before we move.

Also it will be sad to move out.  My dad said Rhett and I could go, but we'll have to leave RJ.  I know RJ will also be sad to all the sudden not see Grandma and Grandpa everyday and be stuck with his wretched boring mother who is conservative on treat distribution.

But it is exciting and now I must go search craigslist to find a house to hopefully live in.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo!! congrats on pocatello! I don't think idaho would be so bad...I wouldn't say it's the "arm-pit", but maybe that's just how it looks :)

I can't wait to see how amazing you make your house look. You'll have to make sure and post all of your decor on your project blog!

Erin said...

Congratulations! And good luck with the house hunt.

Melissa Moss said...

What a great place to live! Congratulations, and good job Rhett! ...So happy for you!

Amber said...

Yeah!!! That is so exciting!!! And so close to family still.

The Wilkins' said...

Congratulations! Super exciting! If it makes you feel any better, we will be living in the armpit of Arizona... only we won't have a Costco, and not sure about the fabric store. :) Good luck finding a house, that is exciting too!

Megan and Taj said...

wahoo!!! Congrats to you guys! I couldn't be happier for your fam! I am so glad you have a fabric store nearby.. that is a MUST!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! We are so excited that won't be that far from us in Utah state!!!

Marianne said...

Congratulations! Oh how I wish we were in that phase already... When do you leave?

Ryan + Jess said...

Oh how fun! Change is good...and having your own place will be amazing. We drive through Pocatello every time we come down to Utah and I think it looks like a great place to live. I bet you will love it :)

And I love your haircut, by the way. You can pull of anything,though - I think you would even look beautiful with a shaved head :)

Lindsey Bench said...

Congrats Jess, so fun to have a plan Huh?!

Katherine said...

YEAH!!! Congrats you guys!! I am laughing about you complaining about having to drive 30-40 minutes after living in Kirksville. You can tell you've been living the good life in Utah for the past 2 years. I am especially excited because Bobby's mom lives in Blackfoot so if we ever make it out to visit her we can come and see you, too!! I'm happy for you guys. What a relief to know!

Kassie said...

SOOO EXCITING!! It seems like a good fit for you wants and needs!! WOOO!

jayne said...

Sweet!! My parents live in I.F. so now I can hunt you down when I head out to visit them. To all the area folks--it's also known as Pokey. Congrats! What a relief to finally know where you'll be the next few years.

Sarah said...

I bet you will love it there! Congrats that's so exciting!