Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Is OVER

Photobucket

To end our summer, we went camping one last time. We took 3 nephews and a niece with us to Goblin Valley, and it was a ton of fun. They have really nice camp sites that have nice bathrooms/ showers nearby. We lucked out and got the camp that was behind a rock wall which made it more isolated and the kids had fun climbing the cliffs.

We had so much fun the first night running around the goblins. We played night games, then RJ fell asleep on Rhett's shoulder and it was 10pm so we decided we'd better go.

the group on a goblin
they found us when we were hiding playing "Sardines". I've had that t-shirt for so long. Before I had it, it belonged to my older sister. I have plans for it...when I detox my wardrobe next spring. More details on that to follow.
Cole just loved that this rock looked just like a butt

this family couldn't win any good-looking awards, even our baby looks like bonch! Rhett's sister, Amber is letting us borrow a bunch of clothes for the little guy. This is one of the outfits. It's a silky track suit. Big Rhett kept unzipping it half way and flipping the collar so all the kids could call little Rhett "the Hoff". Mainly I think of the scene from The Office where Michael is trying to become friends with the warehouse guys and they call him Hasslehoff, and he quietly buttons his shirt back up.

group shot. I looked even creepier (if it's possible) before I fixed the red eye

SMORES. But instead of a cold bar of chocolate, a Reeses peanut butter cup melting between two toasted marshmellows.

more to come from our weekend later.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Seriously, you guys are the best Aunt & Uncle ever!

rebecca said...

Geez!! I wish you guys were my aunt and uncle!!! You do too many fun things with those cute kids! And I love the Hoff!! Too funny:)