Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Little Embarrassed

It's been a couple hours, and my freak out has worn off from winning the little recipe thing. But I did rush out and get highlights in my hair. That was actually sort of planned. My sister is in hair school and needed someone to come to pass off a weave tonight. No one could go, so my mom and I told her one of us would be there. I had told my mom to go, but I was in freak mode and so I told her I have a photo shoot--I better get some highlights. She kind of looked at me like: OK, for the photo shoot, by all means. She's nice not to just laugh in my face at my ridiculous behavior. What a freak and wannabe diva! I think I would be a good drama candidate for America's Next Top Model. Maybe I could get a side job writing their "reality" scripts.

So it was all a whirlwind afternoon and I was sitting there as Heather was weaving my rat hair, and I told her about the recipe and how I am so dreading having my picture with the recipe. She was like: "what do you care? First of all, it's probably just a head shot in a tiny corner and they'll take a picture of the cinnamon roll. Second of all, I've lived in Utah County all my life and I've never heard of this magazine, so not many people will even see it. So why are you so worried about it?" Hmmm. True.

I guess my life is so pathetic, I did treat this as if I was going to the Academy Awards or something. So she talked me down from the trees, and I realize this really isn't a big deal. So I'm a little embarrassed at my over reaction. Sorry. I'm sure a lot of you weren't surprised at my pure lameness. But I think I may still reward myself with a new shirt or something to wear for it, not that you'll be able to see it in the tiny corner or anything.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

WHAT!! This is a BIG DEAL! I would be freaking out if I got asked to be in a mag. You shut your mouth and enjoy this moment you DIVA! (Oh, I finally got my last skirt that you made from my mom....LOVE IT)..and now I need to take a pic. of me in it!

Natalie said...

I have totally seen the magazine and it is a regular in the waiting room at several of my frequented doctor's offices. You are far from a diva and I am pleased to hear you now have an "excuse" to spoil yourself with a few "girly" things.
Heather is in beauty school? Since when?