Sunday, April 13, 2008

Puzzle Bums

I was telling a story about the fact my family couldn't believe Rhett was willing to marry me because as my Dad put it, I'm a "giant". In the process, I told how Rhett and I are "puzzle bums". Being puzzle bums comes from our different proportions:
When we sit down, Rhett is taller because he has a long torso, and mine is squatty. But when we stand up my "giant" legs make me about 2" taller.

The fact I was taller met some irrational opposition in certain situations when we were dating/engaged, and we would laugh about it and say, or rather, I would say we fit together perfectly physically--just check out our bums...If I go on my toes a little, my booty fits in the small of his back, we fit together like a puzzle piece.

Our friend Molly took this picture and our expressions depict our feelings about the whole thing. I think it's hilarious and Rhett is just humoring us.

Molly usually uses this aspect of our relationship to differentiate us from her other friends. She said she was telling a story and used our names and her listener had to stop her and ask: "You're talking about the puzzle butt couple right?" Yes. We are the puzzle butts.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It really is "puzzle bums!" Thanks for posting--it made me laugh.

Rebecca S said...

I'm glad that I can finally just see a picture - I had been trying to visualize it ever since you told us about it....

jayne said...

Nice. I love it! Puzzle-bums rock. I'm glad to know this famous fact about you two.

Chrissy said...

You guys are great!

TerriLyn said...

I got a good laugh too! I love that picture. Cute!!

MissMolly said...

Just to let you know. This post inspired me. I have always loved that you are puzzle bums so I had to check... yep, Jon and I are puzzle bums too! Ha Ha.

Melissa Moss said...

I love it! And I am glad you posted it!! Hilarious!