Thursday, September 6, 2007

Creepy in Kirksville

It is 6:12 am. I am driving home from work. It is a foggy morning and no one else is on the road. I turn onto Boundary Road and see the ghostly red light through the morning haze. The creepiest house in Kirksville looms before me.
First off, this house caught my eye originally early this spring when they planted two small palm trees in their front yard. I was skeptical as to whether they would grow in the mid-west, but they have more than doubled their size this summer, so I've been impressed by that. But the last couple of weeks each morning the red porch light has added to my curiosity.
Maybe the red bulb was their only backup? Maybe they are setting the holiday mood early (which I can appreciate) and creating this "Mele Kalikimaka" motif for Christmas with the palms and everything, or...the shocking possibility popped in my head....maybe this "red light" is sending a totally different message altogether. In Kirksville?....uh....maybe....how.....no way.
You decide.
Sorry the picture is crappy, didn't bring the tri-pod on this adventure.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Maybe they just wanted to make everyone wonder, "why a red light?"