Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chicago

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

During the week break before Labor Day, we went to Chicago for 2 nights & 3 days. It's about 6 hours away and we took a train. We were at the train station at 6am and realized Jess didn't bring her purse...leaving her photo ID behind. Luckily they didn't require ID checks from Quincy so we got to Chicago. Some highlights were Chicago Philharmonic Jazz Orchestra's free concert in Millenium Park, Wicked on Broadway, Field Museum, Art Institute, Navy Pier, and of course all the great food. We had a lot of fun together.





We were heading back from Grand Central Station and they were checking photo ID prior to boarding the train. It came to us so I handed our two tickets with my ID, and Betty, asked for Jess's. "I don't have it with me." Betty looked her up and down. "How old are you?" "Uh..22." Betty rolls her eyes and looks at us over her glasses: "Nowadays honey, you need to have ID WHEREEVER YOU GO. I'm not supposed to let you on this train." In our heads...Thanks mom. "I'm sorry, but I don't have it with me, you guys let me on to get here from Quincy without it." Betty fidgets uncomfortably. "I guess I'll let you on but you really need to keep your ID with you...you're an adult." Despite the embarrassment and later teasing, Jess survived and we got home as planned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at the cheese on that pizza! I'll bet that was awesome! Looks like you had a great time!