Sunday, April 17, 2011

Motherhood Is Disgusting

 Sick kids.
Makes a disgusting life for the mom dealing with all the bodily fluids. Puke, poop, urine, and breast milk.  Have you vomited on your keyboard yet?  Or you're a mom too and nodding.

We've just got through a long 2 weeks with sick kids, I should I say I've gone through a long two weeks with sick kids, because Rhett has been working night float and working up to the 80 hour work limit.
He has tried to help the few hours he has been around, just a bad rotation for us to have sick kids.

Sweet little Ellaria isn't too much different sick than just a messy newborn, other than being congested and having trouble sleeping.

But RJ boy started with an entire night of vomiting every 20-40 minutes.  He actually did really great, making it in the cookie dough bucket most of the time.
At one point I was sitting on the edge of the bed nursing Ellie, and reaching across to catch RJ's vomit in the bucket, thinking I'm glad I'm not a pioneer and have a washing machine for all this laundry piling up. 

After a few days and the puking stopped, the poor boy got the runs.
To make it easier for everyone, at one point I just had him watch movies on the toilet for the diarrhea.

One time he woke up in the middle of the night on a weekend night Rhett was home with an attack.  Rhett said he helped RJ and he told him: "I wanna see it!"  So Rhett let him look in the toilet before he flushed it, and  he looked at RJ's face and his cheeks were bulging and his eyes were rolling.  RJ insisted he wanted to see his dump, but it grossed him out so much he proceeded to vomit all over it.  Rhett said he kept puking until he was just dry heaving.  We were laughing at this story. 

Another occasion, actually the day after the all-night puke party, he had fallen asleep on my bed since we'd been up all night.  I was doing laundry and walked by my room and smelled nasty.  I found RJ collapsed by the door with diarrhea all down his pants, face down asleep.  Five feet behind him, I found a puddle of diarrhea on my floor.  Apparently he'd woke up and tried to run to the bathroom, had a blow out, then collapsed back asleep a few steps further.  
As gross as all that was to clean up, I actually felt bad for the little guy.  After all, I've crapped my pants too

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh my gosh... we couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry at these stories! I'm sure you wanted to cry in the midst of it all, but we sure got a good laugh out of it in hindsight!

TerriLyn said...

Wow, you sure know how to make a horrible two weeks sound so humorous! I hope everyone is feeling much better now!!

Natalie said...

You always amaze me with your gift for finding the humor in every situation....... I can only imagine how tired you really are WITHOUT dealing with sick kids in addition to a newborn. I'm glad you made it through and I am amazed you didn't complain more!!