Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trip Home!

RJ and I recently spent a week visiting my family.
Lots of fun things at Grandma's house.

First off, picking raspberries for breakfast to go with her raspberry lemonade.
We visited Lynette at her Tailoring shop in Provo, but RJ fell asleep and Lynette thought he looked like a posed dead kid the way his hands were crossed and his feet together.
We spent a few days with the cousins.
ASTRO POPS!
Under the table for shade.

The Saturday I took the 4 oldest kids up AF Canyon to Tibble Fork.
I was bummed we were too early and leaves hadn't started changing.

Main Attraction for us:
Feeding the ducks, then throwing rocks at them once they'd gained the kids' trust
{RJ's varsity jacket was a hand-me-down from Rhett's sister.  It reminded me of EMILIO Estevez in Breakfast Club.  I tried to watch Breakfast Club the other day on instant Netflix but shut it off due to all the f-bombs.  I guess I'd always seen it edited on TV or something.  Bummer.}

The drive down the canyon, Cael and RJ held hands the whole way.
From these photos, it seems like these two boys are good friends.
But the next morning my sister Heather asked Cael if he wanted to go to grandma's to play with RJ and Cael said:
"No! He a jerk!  He hurt my leg."
So cousin spats already...and RJ always seems to be the mean bully.  But Cael did scratch RJ's arm the next day and got his vengeance.

more to come from our trip...later

3 comments:

Kassie said...

I think it's normal for boys to throw rocks at ducks once trust is earned.
I'm just sayin.

I love that Cael--he's super cute like my Cael.

Natalie said...

Trips to Grandma's with cousins are always the best!! Looks like fun!

Sheila said...

Love the hand holding pic. You would never know that Kael thinks RJ's a "jerk" and that RJ thinks he is "mean". It will give me a good chuckle all day.