Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trip Home part 2

Fun in Utah continued:

Halloween movie night.  The kids got really into Hallween and we made paper ghosts and bats to tape on the wall.  They wanted a Halloween movie and chose Corpse Bride.
RJ and Katie (6) were good buds this trip, as she was the only one willing to wrestle and rough house with him.
That is why is other cousin Cael said "He a jerk".  RJ plays too rough sometimes and hurt his leg I guess.
Skateboard lesson from uncle Drew.
THE FOOD!
This is a great time of year to visit my mom because the massive garden is in harvest time.
She grew carrots for the first time this year, and that massive cabbage the size of a basketball.
I made these cinnamon/ sugar almonds.  I got the recipe from another blog but can't remember which.  They're good, just like the hot nuts at christmas.
And caramel apples!
We picked some apples off my mom's tree and made caramel.
I posted the recipe on here a while ago.  It's good!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

YUM YUM!! I want your recipe for the nuts!!!

Natalie said...

I was just looking at the caramel recipe..... I always buy a big bottle of Karo syrup so about how much is in your recipe?
THANKS! I am dying to make some!

Sheila said...

Love the Katie, RJ pic. Maybe he'll be a ladies man.