Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blackberry Lemon Streusel Muffin

I made just the plain lemon and the blackberry lemon
I found the recipe on Katherine's blog here.
She found it on The Sister's Cafe here.
Lemon.
Streusel.
Glaze.
BooYah!


These are the changes I made, basically just adding blackberries into the muffins before you bake them:
Rinse and drain a large handful of blackberries.  Cut them in half.  Sprinkle with sugar.

When you are making the muffins, put a big spoonful in each muffin.  Spoon 4-5 blackberry chunks on top of the batter.  Got back through and finish off the batter with another spoonful on top of the berries.  That way they are in the muffin, but the whole batter isn't pink if you just dumped them in and stirred it up, which you could do too.

I used the bowl that had the blackberries in it to make the lemon glaze, so that was pink.

This is a really good muffin recipe.  LOTS of flavor and great dense, moist texture.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

These were really good. I don't like cooked fruit, so ate the plain ones. Every last one. Piglet that I am.

Unknown said...

You really are a gourmet.