Thursday, April 15, 2010

FINISHED!

Rhett had his last day of medical school today.  We went out to eat to celebrate.  We were getting up to leave and he said: "Now that I'm finally done and have a few weeks off, I really need to get a new signature."
I asked why.  He said he's realized all the crap he'll have to sign and it's takes him too long. 

Also he said it's not as exciting to be done as he'd always expected.  Anti-climactic.  Just finishing something to move on to hell = residency. 

OK Debbie Downer. 
I'm excited it's OVER!  No more tuition!  No more student loans (I haven't forgotten interest accrual)!  The real world!
this was his first day I guess back in 2006- white coat ceremony.
Next month he graduates to the mid-thigh length coat, then in 3 years the full knee length when he's a "real" doctor.
wierd.  It would be fun if all medical staff designated status by top length. 
CNAs have crop-top scrubs, LPNs get mid-drift, RNs get the full waist length, Nurse Practitioners get tunic length tops.

I'm sure the real world will be as anticlimactic as his last day, but for today I'm excited.  Upward and onward!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy for you both but sad for us boo-hoo. We will sure miss you when you leave us. It will be hard getting used to not having you guys here. And someone cleaning, cooking, shopping etc. I fear I have become lazy.

jayne said...

Yeah for finishing! On to bigger and better things! Well, bigger anyway.

Sarah said...

I never knew about the coat length. I have never seen an MD wear a full length white coat though.

***** said...

VERY VERY Exciting!!!! A great big bravo is deserved for all the dedication you two have put into this so far! Now you are closer to being a real grown up. Congratulations!!! I am happy for you Crapos.