Monday, June 15, 2009

Slip N Slide

I've been watching our nieces & nephews for a week while their parents are out of town in Europe. It's a lot easier to watch teens and elementary aged kids than babies. It's easier and a whole lot funner. Bret got this Spiderman slip-n-slide for his birthday and so we set it up and used it for the first time.

Bret tried once, but it didn't work and he wouldn't try it again, but just stood in RJ's wading pool instead.

Mitch broke his arm last week, so it took him a while to figure out how to run and dive onto the slide. It was really funny to watch, but he finally got the hang of it. We put a bread sack over the cast and secured it on his bicep w/ a rubber band.

After a while of watching the kids have fun, I gave in and busted out the bathing suit. I can't remember having a slip-n-slide as a kid. It was awesome! Until I failed to arch my back sufficiently and dove on my chest...I gave it a rest for a while after that.

No comments: