Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Momma's House






A family of quails lives in the backyard, we can't wait to see their chicks following them soon.

My mom loves gardening and flowers. May and early June is a great time to be around. The front of her house is covered in fragrant roses, the weather is warm but not too hot, and her pergola starts blooming. A couple years ago she collected all the old telephone poles they were cutting down along her street and made this pergola in the back yard. It is really big, and each year gets more pretty as the flowers grow. Each telephone pole column has a flowering plant growing up and around it. She has hammock swings out there and it is so fun. This time of year makes me feel like getting lots of girls together, dressing up, and hosting a tea party out there. But I don't know that many girls who would be up for that. But maybe it would surprise me which of my friends would enjoy a frilly afternoon party under the roses.... lemonade, and lots of good treats, and tons of laughs, sounds pretty good to me.

3 comments:

Mysha said...

I'm totally up for it, since I can never get Jason to wear a dress for our tea partys!

***** said...

I would so be there if I was invited and I lived less than 2,290 miles away. I would love to hear about a tea party you had under that gorgeous pergola. Do it!

Kassie said...

I'm in.

I'll buy a hat.