Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Modest Dress, Clean Speach, Word of Wisdom, YO!

I was in charge of the skit for the leaders at girls camp. My mom and I wrote it: "The Girls Camp Rap". I know it is cheesy and lame, and isn't rap really, but isn't that what girls camp skits are all about? I'm a major dork....I already know. Before I went to Girls Camp Rhett asked me if I was going to come back all weird "like they always do". I asked what that meant and he described growing up all the girls would be so weird after Girl's Camp, the testimony meeting right after would be all about camp and all the adult leaders would be silly and weird for a while. After he described this LDS Girl's Camp phenomena I thought about my own experiences and decided there was a weird, excited, atmosphere directly after G.C. but told him I couldn't be sure I wouldn't bring it home as an adult. I think I didn't come home weird. I think I drained it all out while I was there. If you take the time to watch the video, understand we were much better in rehearsals. We froze up in front of the audience.
***There was an uncensored version of the rap, but I kept telling my mom it was a church event and inappropriate, so a lot of her ideas were omitted...but they were pretty funny I do admit.

2 comments:

Kassie said...

I hate the word 'inappropriate' I, do, enjoy many inappropriate things.

THAT WAS HILARIOUS AND APPROPRIATE!!

***** said...

I felt embarassed just watching that, I could not have done it. It was AWESOME, you rule (and your mom)!