Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding, Mud Fight and more

I met my friend Molly the day we moved into the dorms when we were 18 at Weber State.  We were roommates and instant friends.  Together we met Rhett and were all close friends, then I married him.  So we were excited to be  able to make it to her wedding in West Jordan last week.  


Her reception was in the UofU Football Stadium overlooking SLC 

I made a little dress for Ellaria to match the flower girls. 

Rhett had to leave from the reception to go home to Idaho and I took the kids to Delta to visit the family.
They kept getting Ellie to smile really big but this is the best shot I got. 

Saturday was finally warm after days of freezing rain, which left huge mud pits in the sage brush fields or "grease woods" behind my in-laws house.  We were going four-wheeling out there but stopped to have a mud fight.  I helped RJ wade into the mud up to his ankles and he did not like it.  I was showing him how to make mud balls, but he wouldn't touch the mud with his hands.  It wasn't until we started crushing red fire ants with mud globs that he warmed up to the idea and soon was lobbing mud with everyone else.  

At one point he got in the line of fire and caught a mud ball in the side of his head and started bawling, but he was fine and blamed me, although I wasn't even close to him.  It was really fun, I hadn't played in the mud for a while.



Next we drove down to St. George to visit my parents who moved there a few months ago.

RJ loved swimming and wore himself out.  He wears floaties and a little tube around his waist and dog paddles all around the pool.  I'd like to know where the long dark lashes came from.

He's had fun with  Grandma and Grandpa.  Since we lived with them the first two years of his life, he instantly latches on to Grandma and wants nothing to do with me, which isn't all bad once in a while.
We watched a show with a big bowl of popcorn one night.

Here's a picture of Rhett holding chubby Ellaria a few weeks ago. 

Trying to hold those huge cheeks up on her own.

I can never get her to smile, this is the best I got. 

No comments: