Monday, May 30, 2011

Missing Loy


Our family has had a tragic loss this week, my Rhett's father Loy suddenly died due to heart failure Sunday morning.  We're obviously with family this week in preparation for his funeral.
Grief is difficult to deal with, but our faith helps us get through and realize how blessed we are to have had all the years with him.  
Loy's two younger sons both had babies on the same day, and we were able to bless them together last month.  Originally we planned to bless Ellaria next Sunday, but we crashed Joshua's day in Orem and we're so glad so all the Crapo men could be together one last time.

As for my part, the father makes the son.
Loy was a perfect example for Rhett and I attribute so much of Rhett's kind, hard-working, patient, affectionate nature towards me and our kids from watching his dad.  So not only having him as the perfect father-in-law and Grandpa to our kids, I feel so blessed to have the privilege to have snagged a son of Loy Crapo.
Jessica

8 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

Jess, I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of love and feelings of peace headed your way from us.

rebecca said...

I have tears in my eyes for your sweet family right now as I read this! I am so sorry! Prayers of peace and love go to you all!

melody said...

What a sweet, sincere tribute to someone who sounds like an amazing person. My prayers are with you too.

Mecham Family said...

Oh I just can't believe this. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful post Jessica.

Natalie said...

O Jess, I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry for Rhett. I know this was completely unexpected and I again, I am sorry. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Elsie said...

Jess, Rhett and Family - My heart goes out to you all. Wrapping you up in my love, light and prayers.

Bobby said...

I am so sorry to hear this. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you guys.

Kassie said...

I'm so sorry Jess, Rhett, RJ, and lil' Ellaria.
I wish I could give you a little hug because I'm sure there are no words...
You're family is in my family's prayers...