Sunday, May 8, 2011

Rhett is Three

RJ had a birthday.  He turned three and his day was pretty low key.  I had strep throat and it kicked my trash and so we just lounged around the house.  Some people throw huge celebrations for kids birthdays, but we only got one birthday party growing up when we turned 8, so maybe I'm just doing what I grew up with not having birthday parties for my kid.
He did want a robot birthday cake he saw in a family magazine.  My version stinks compared to the magazine, but RJ loved it.  He just stared at it all afternoon saying: "Mom it is so pretty!  I love it!  It's so awesome!"

I was lucky he is only two, the square shapes and the fact it was blue and orange like he wanted are the only things that turned out.  But it was awesome to him, where older kids would have known their cake stunk.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope you are feeling better! I have to say the cake is awesome in its own way, but it made me laugh out loud when I read that RJ kept telling you it was so pretty. Also, did you make that grey dress Ellie wore on Easter? I think it is so cute!