Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here's Ellie 5 days old.  She had a doctor's appt early because she didn't get the full antibiotics before she was born.  She weighed 7 lb 13 oz, so she's gained 3 oz.  I was glad, we want to keep those cheeks chubby!

So far she's been such a good baby.  She's so quiet.  She's really only cried hard once, when I was making foot and hand prints--she did not like that.
Everything has been easier this second time around.  The delivery, my physical recovery, and her temperment are easier than it all was with RJ.
She's just a sweet little squishy girl we love! 

Obviously she sleeps a lot. 


HER WARDROBE:
The night we were able to bring her home from the hosptial, I realized all the clothes I did buy for her were too big.  I wasn't sure how big she'd be, so I didn't buy newborn size.
So her first night I put her in a onesie that fit from RJ with basketballs.  She already looks so much like RJ, wearing his clothes, it looked like a baby boy.  Rhett said: "so we have no girl clothes for her?" I told him we do in a couple months, and it's not a big deal what she wears.
So the next morning Rhett took RJ and they went and bought her girl newborn clothes.  He came in and told me he went a little overboard, but at least she will look like a girl with all the clothes her dad picked out for her.
That morning I put her in her new clothes and gave her to Rhett, as I was leaving the room he told Ellie: "I know you don't care what you wear, but I do.  I want you to look like a girl." 

Then our best friend Molly gave us another huge gift of a feminine wardrobe, so now she can look like a girl and I put away all the baby boy jammies I'd been planning on using.  I guess it's probably a good thing she has people looking out for her fashion. 

3 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

The clothes story is the cutest thing I have ever heard. What a sweet Daddy she has.

rebecca said...

Love that baby!!! She is just soooo beautiful!!! I wish I could just kiss those sweet cheeks:) Sounds like she is getting enough of that from big brother, though;) What sweet kids you have;) Congratulations again!!

Natalie said...

I LOVE that Rhett did that.... I can't say I'm surprised though! Keep the pictures coming.... when am I going to meet that sweet little Ellie?