Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chubba Cheeks

After church today we went to Rhett's Residency Clinic to check out Ellaria.
Their sonogram equipment really stinks, and Rhett just took photos with his phone, so they're not the best shots.  I put arrows everywhere so you can maybe see what's what.   Her face is on the side with her right side down, the top of her head at the left of the screen. 


The biggest things we noticed were the huge cheeks!  Also her dad's thick brow bone.  She looked pretty squished.  Rhett measured her head and it was 9.5cm in diameter, which has a crude estimate of her being 7.2 lbs.  That would be nice if she was just a little 7 lb, but I saw the huge cheeks and it reminded me of rhino RJ's first appearance with jumbo cheeks, thighs, and double chin.  Hopefully she's just small and fat.


So we're 39 weeks.  I have my last appt this Tues. where we'll schedule my induction most likely for Monday March 21.  As much as I hope to spontaneously go into labor, we'll probably have to kick this little girl out of there with a bunch of Pitocin.

Last I knew, Rhett is planning on delivering Ellaria and she'll be his 50th delivery.

3 comments:

Erin said...

One week away. Amazing! I'm so excited for you guys and will be thinking about you lots, waiting to hear the news. Also, those chubby cheeks look adorable as do the baby bum covers with lots of ruffles on your craft blog. (Makes me want a girl.)

Sheila said...

Love the cheeks. Can't wait to see for real! Very exciting to see sort of what she looks like even before she comes out.

Shari and Trent said...

That's kinda fun that Rhett gets to deliver her! I guess that's the benefits of having a hubby as a doc!