Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Monster Hat

It's been fun with RJ's developing imagination lately.
For example, the other day he told me: "Elves have red poop mom."
He earned a gummi worm, and never ate it, but carried it around all day telling me it wasn't candy, it was a dead worm.  He'd let me pet the dead worm, but that's all.  Oh and the dead worm lives in an old baseball cap he found in the DI bag.
Or he's been giving Woody time-outs.  But Woody gets put in the fridge while RJ stands and counts.  Many tiems he forgets Woody is in time out and I try to put something away, and there's Woody hogging all the fridge space.

Yesterday morning he saw a Gap add as I was checking my email and they had these kid hats that were animals.  There was a monster and he got excited, loving the monster hat.

So I made him one, and it was really fun.  He picked out the orange fur, which surprised me because I thought he'd want the red fleece I'd grabbed.  Everything has to be red lately, from his cup, shirts, pants, and even things he likes like elves, have red poop.
But he found the fur, I had kind of forgot I had it.


RJ actually picked/ planned most of it. I asked how many eyes his monster had, "just 2".
For the eyes, I told him to pick out a scrap and he chose the green.
He was really specific on having sharp teeth too.
He stood by me the majority of the time I was sewing, watching the monster come to life.

I finished, and he told me he wanted "monster tails" too, the hanging pom pom things.
So we added them, and it was good enough. He loves this hat.

We finished the hat and he wore it while he and Rhett played some video games.



Then it was bed time and at the last minute he crawled out of bed to get the hat so he could sleep in it.

 This morning he was still wearing it for breakfast.

And while he did his chores.

He thought it was funny when Woody wore it.

Then we took out the trash and he actually got to use the snow hat for what it was made for.
of course Woody came too.

8 comments:

Emily said...

He is hilarious, you are so talented, and that hat is so great. This post could be turned into a children's book. I loved it.

Erin said...

I love it - the hat and RJ's antics! Such a fun kid!

Staci said...

I NEED THAT HAT!!!

Sarah said...

He is so funny.
That hat is cuter than the gap one.

Lindsey Bench said...

You are wonder-mom! I dream of the day when my kid can point something out that they want, I can go to my closet and pick out the fabric, and whip it up in my sleep. And then, have it turn out cute enough that my kid actually wants to wear it! Yea, I'll go ahead and tell myself to "dream on Lindsey, dream on".

Megan and Taj said...

I LOVE him!! He is hilarious! What a cutie! The hat is ADORABLE!!! What an awesome mommy you are!

melody said...

Oh, that is so darling. He is a funny one.

Elsie said...

So I was just on the Gap website and saw their monster hats (yours is way cuter btw). Anyway, I am at my parent's house right now, and the Gap website reminded me of your blog, so I told them about your monster hat and showed them the blog....and they loved it. The whole Storm family loves the monster hat and how often it is being worn!