Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grandpa Herschel


For anyone that knows my Grandpa, and may be interested, tonight I found out someone wrote a biographicallish book about his life experiences, mainly as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Who knew? Here's the link if anyone's interested in it.



The cover of the book is a watercolor painting by George Durrant painted years ago. I think we all like it because it is typcial of my Grandpa. If he's not dressed up going or coming from the temple, he's in overalls working in the yard, and reading or quoting scripture all the time....occasionally he also does wear sweats too when he watches ball games.
He's a great example for our family. Once I read a quote somewhere, that basically said: "we need to believe in our abilility to do wonderful things for God," and it reminded me of my Grandpa. Just a normal, average guy that has done wonderful things for God and his family.