Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Birthday



Last week I turned 25. Quarter century.
It was a pretty great birthday, landing on a Saturday and Rhett was able to be home all day. I had a chance to sleep in, which I loved. Then we went to Provo that evening to use the gift card I won with the recipe contest--a restaurant called Chef's Table. It was good and the fanciest, most formal restaurant we've ever eaten at. I can't remember anywhere else I've eaten where they put your napkin on your lap for you...wasn't expecting that. My hair was awfully 80s that day unfortunately...unintentionally.
I should give credit where it's due. Lynette designed that zig-zag dress when she was in high school. I stole it out of her box stored in my parent's basement and it is my favorite dress. So it's all Lynette.
Sunday we had a birthday dinner with my family.
Here are all my siblings. I chose Cafe Rio salads for my dinner and my dad hated them. About half way through dinner he said: "Are you telling me this is your death row dinner?" (meaning the meal you would eat if you knew it would be your last) I told him no, I'm still working on my death row meal. His reply: "Well I could give a few tips...this crap stinks!!" But everyone else liked it because everyone else is normal! Kind of funny. Maybe one day I'll do a whole post on Scott's death row meal. If he ever is on death row, he'll have to be executed in the late summer, because much of his death row meal involves fresh produce from the garden.
Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday! I appreciate it!

4 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

-you look so hot in your birthday dress...(lovvvve that dress by the way...did you make it?)
-love your fam. everyone looks great!
-hahah Scott sounds like someone I know...hummmm BROOKS, every time you talk about your dad I feel like you are talking about my dad...they could be twins I swear!!!
-Happy Birthday...ewww the mid-20's!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the snake dress fits you! I love it.

Mr. Dean R. Kelly said...

Jessica you are hysterical. Love the commentary about Scott...he is so not-normal isn't he. Can't believe we are related. To this day I swear I was adopted.

Katherine said...

Happy belated birthday! You look gorgeous Jess.