Sunday, February 17, 2008

Way to Go Delta Wrestling!

Delta High School took 2nd in the

3A State Wrestling Tournament.

For those unfamiliar with Utah high school wrestling, I think it's safe to say the 3A bracket is the most competitive for wrestling, for example, Kael Sanderson, the god of wrestling wrestled in 3A for Wasatch High in the mid-90s.

We're pretty excited about Delta doing so well this year. 16 wrestlers placed this year, which is pretty awsome since there are only 14 weight classes, meaning some of the JV wrestlers placed. It was close, going into the finals Delta was up by 11 points, but Wasatch ended up in the lead with their 7 state champions.
I guess Delta Wrestling is in my blood...or maybe my ear since wrestling deformed it for life. Either way, Congrats Rabbits!

2 comments:

The Chase's said...

Rhett, I was enjoying my Sunday until I came to your blog! I am still upset we couldn't pull that off. Wasatch had three kids in the finals that they recruited to come up there and wrestle....remember the Cordova's? two of their state champs won it last year with other high schools and they had a Porter (from Delta) take 2nd for them.
I will get over it....Delta only loses a few seniors so I here we may be the team for the next few years. Sorry Sorry! I guess it is in my blood too!

Kassie said...

I'm married to a 3A athletic freak...let me just say our 2nd born is named Cael...

GO DELTA