Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Crapo Story

Before we moved to rural Missouri, and we lived in civilization that had both Target and job opportunity, I worked in Radiology. A patient came in for a chest x-ray and he was a teenager. I went out to call him back, and looked at the name: John or something common Butte. Taken back, I just called John and the kid came back. Before explaining the exam, I asked him: "Do you pronounce your name [Bute]?" (I'm not familiar with all the pronunciation symbols, but blogger doesn't have it anyway, I thought it would be bute, like cute) Without any emotion he said: "Nope it's Butt." I was for some reason really excited by this. "My name is Crapo but it looks like Crap-o. It's too bad we don't have siblings or relatives that could get married because I'm sure they could get on Jay Leno with the "Butt / Crap-o" wedding!" He kind of laughed and mentioned his little sister's friend was a Crapo and maybe he could make it work out.

So you just may see this kid's wedding announcement from his local newspaper on Jay Leno in the next 5 years or so, and I think I may just take credit for hooking them up.

1 comment:

Kassie said...

I remember this...GREAT story!!