Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sand Dunes in Delta

We spent the month of March in Rhett's hometown Delta.
He worked with the physicians there and we hung out with all the family there, going to basketball games, elementary volleyball games, and hung out with all the kids.

Rhett had to work the next day so he stayed home, but I took a bunch of the nieces and nephews to see the midnight showing of Hunger Games.  We were in 7-11 getting slurpees after at 2:30am on a Thursday school night and the checker did ask what we were doing.  It was a fun night.


 One night we took our kids and a few of the kids to the sand dunes a few miles east of Delta.  RJ loved them and still talks about going to the hand hills all the time.  


This photo cracks me up because RJ is built so much like his dad.  Check out those ham hock thighs. We have a photo of Rhett on the beach at about this same age with those same short, thick, beefy legs.  I guess it will be good when RJ's a teenager if those girl-tight skinny jeans are in there's no way those thighs will fit in them, or if they do he'll look like those ballerina hippos.


Ellie wasn't the biggest fan of the sand, but did OK. 

I stunk it up at sand boarding.


As much as I've ripped on Delta since I first went there prior to Rhett and I dating, it did seem almost pretty that night.
And "pretty" is never a word I've ever used when discussing Delta, Utah in my life.
I guess it's growing on me or Rhett's been brainwashing me these last 8 years.

No comments: