Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

Rhett had to work again on Thanksgiving this year so I took the kids down to my mom's house in Highland where we had our family.  We broke off from going to my Grandma's a while ago, so it's nice to just have my parents and siblings and to have a really nice dinner on china and not sitting on a card table.
The huge paper plate Thanksgivings are fun too, but it was nice to have  fancy meal.

It was fun to see my parents since we don't see much of them now they live in St. George.  RJ especially loves my dad and had fun raking leaves all morning with him.
Lynette crocheted this hat and scarf for Ellie, and made her this little wool coat, and the lace fancy pants.

After dinner my dad, my brothers, and Lynette and Drew and myself went west of Utah lake to shoot guns.
I'd never really shot guns and it was really quite fun.  The weather was so unusually warm and nice.

 We took the left over pumpkins from my mom's porch to shoot.

  
Not all of us had ear protection.


This rifle was my dad's favorite.

I think my favorite was the .22

Herschel knows a butt-load about guns.

Here's my dad trying to get his ear plug out of his ear canal with Herschel's machete he got for his birthday that day.

The rest of the night was pretty lazy, except for Drew who threw RJ high in the air over and over. 

All in all a really great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Staci said...

hahah I love that you all went shooting. I remember my dad taking Hershal out shoot when he was really lil visiting Missouri one year. It was the highlight of his lil life!

Natalie said...

What a fun post-- I love the gun stuff! Ray & I go to the range and shoot on dates-- how red neck is that?