Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hello 2011


Just a quick update.
RJ is getting big, in April he will be 3. We just started a little "preschool" with 3 other kids. Once a week a  mom teaches a little lesson.  So it's more like an organized play group, and I only have to be there and teach once a month.

Rhett is on a surgery rotation.  He really likes surgery.  After surgery he has OB, ER, then a week off the week our baby is due (which will be nice) and then he does a month of night float, which is the internal medicine night shift.

I am getting the huge basketball belly.  I have 9 weeks left until the baby's due date, and I most likely won't go into labor before then, and am planning on being induced.  But I had placenta previa, which has now resolved, which I'm glad because I'd rather not have a c-section.
I've got a list of projects I'd like to finish before the baby's born, so we'll see how much I get done in these next 2 months.


I'm kind of lazy about checking our mail.  So usually what happens is Rhett checks it at night at RJ gets zipped up in his coat and tucks his legs up so they don't "get freezy." 

Lately RJ's been more and more into books, which makes me glad.  Although I've been reading the same 4 Thomas books to him multiple times a day, and might hide them to give myself a break from Thomas the train and Percy.



Lately I've been trying to help RJ prepare for a baby coming into his kingdom to dethrone him.
So we talk about baby Ellie a lot.
I was telling him she doesn't have teeth.  That babies don't have teeth so they can't eat food, just drink milk.
A couple days later we hosted a dinner at our house for Rhett's program, and two babies around 12 months, had teeth.  He came up to me confused and kept telling me those babies have teeth!  He'd try to pry their jaws open to look at their teeth.
So now he's totally confused and probably thinks I'm a liar, because all the babies he's seeing lately have teeth.

When he saw this picture, he laughed and said: "RJ has scary teeth!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

WOW!..... 9 weeks? HOLY COW!!!! I can't wait to read all the updates on the projects!!!