Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chocolate Bundt Cake

really just a glorified cake mix.

This is a really moist cake.
I've never baked it in a regular 9x13, but I'm sure you could.  I guess in the bundt pan it seems more fancy...especially when it's really just a cake mix with extras!

Bundt Chocolate Cake

1 pkg devil's food cake mix (or any chocolate, I think I used chocolate fudge cake for this)
1 (5.9 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 c. sour cream
1 c. oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. warm water
1 tsp vanilla
optional: add 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, mix together everything. Stir in chocolate chips at the end if you are using them. Pour batter into well greased 12 cup bundt pan.


Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Let cake cool at least 1 hour before inverting pan to dump cake out.

For the frosting, I used Katherine's Dark Chocolate Ganache Recipe, but only used 1/4 recipe for this cake.  I'm not a frosting lover, so I spread it on pretty thin.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum!! I have a similar recipe but like to add a bunch of orange zest...I love the orange chocolate combo!

And ganache...gotta have ganache!

TerriLyn said...

Looks delicious, I also like the previous post. Our kids tend to be done sledding if they get a good amount of snow in the face. We hope you guys are doing well.

Kassie said...

Um. Please never call this 'just a glorified cake mix' Please refer to my 'Stay at Home Mom Cake'. It's a 'glorified cake mix' and I barely survived.

UMMMMMMMMMMMM! I'm going to try this when I feel energetic and have time.

:)

melody said...

Oh, that looks so good. May just have to make that for Valentine's Day.

Hey, hope you don't mind I mentioned you and your delicious pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe on my blog. I linked to yours so all can enjoy! I have 1/2 of one left in the fridge and I will be sorry to see it go. I have loved snacking on them all week!

Confession: I had one big roll for lunch yesterday. I guess it's best if they are almost gone!