Sunday, August 8, 2010

Airplane!

For the 24th of July RJ and I went to Idaho Falls for an air show.  I'd never been to one, and I didn't really expect to love it, but I thought RJ would have a great time, since he's been obsessed with airplanes for a while.  As we walked in, there were a lot of planes parked and seeing real planes up close blew his mind.  He kept pointing to each one saying: "Airplane!"  "Mom! Airplane!"  Looking up at me like, he couldn't believe it.  I was also surprised he kept his hat and shades on.
By the time we found my friends, I think the magic was wearing off.  We came late since I knew he wouldn't last 5 hours, so we saw 2 acrobatic shows which were cool, one this chick walked on the wings of the plane to the other side.  He sat on my lap and watched those.
But the big attraction, the Navy Blue Angels, he just played in the dirt the whole time.  I was impressed though.
It was fun.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Love the Blue Angels. I could watch them over and over. Sort of like the Belagio Fountains. I never get tired of watching those either. RJ looks "cool" with the shades. Tee Hee