Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You Probably Hate Me....

...because I am loving the fact it is snowing outside! I realize most people are probably gagging on the snow, but I love the first snowfall. We always listen to Karen Carpenter's "The First Snowfall", which gets us listening to the rest of the CD, and then to Christmas music the whole day. And by "we" it's my mom and sisters, but I'm the only one here today, so I've respectfully taken my Christmas music in a back room as to not gag the rest of the people (Rhett home barfing, and don't want to gag him worse).
These are the last of my mom's fall roses, blanketed in snow. I LOVE it! I'm going to go watch a cozy Christmas movie, watch the flakes fall outside the window as I finish sewing my swimming suit for next week.
I'd really like to set up the Christmas tree, but I think my Dad would freak. He is Scrooge...or just normal. If you didn't know what a freak I am about Christmas, this is just the intro!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Are you going to Hawaii next week?????

Unknown said...

I didn't know it snowed at the highland house! You should have called me.

Sheila said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I can't beleive I missed the "first snowfall" song. At least there wasn't enough snow for "the race."
Hope Rhett will join in. I'll have the hot chocolate and the fire ready.