Thursday, September 18, 2008

Camping

Last weekend we decided to go camping...with our 4 month old. A lot of factors could make this idea a total failure and nightmare. I dreaded the idea of having to urinate in the cold forest in the middle of the night, having to wake up all night with a baby unable to sleep, and being eaten by a bear. But Rhett really wanted to go, and I've always enjoyed camping in other situations throughout my life so we went ahead and tried it.


We drove up American Fork Canyon, which was beautiful as always. It was really pretty and for some reason hot dogs always taste the best roasted in the mountains.


Another delight I had not had for quite some time: ROASTED STARBURST. You torch them until they start to drip, then let them rest a minute and cool off. When you bite into it, the outside is a little bit crisp and the inside is warm and gooey...are you salivating also??
It got really cold, as you would imagine it might in mid-September, but all in all it was a success and we had fun. Luckily, RJ slept all night just fine.



I was showing my Mom our pictures and she saw this one and said: "That does not look fun at all."
It wasn't the best night's sleep I've ever experienced, but it was fun and the whole camping with a baby could have been much worse. In fact, there was a family around us with a small toddler that screamed all night so compared to that poor family, we did great...or RJ did great.

7 comments:

Rebecca S said...

Wow - I can't believe how big RJ is already, it's only been a couple months! I guess that's half his life..... Quincy just said "Is that Jessica!?, I miss her so much."

Unknown said...

what a cute little guy...you guys are so adventurous to take RJ camping, I am glad it went well for you!

Kassie said...

So cute! When we took Brooks camping when he was like 2 yrs., it was cold and not that fun. I suggested we go home and shower and then come back for our planned bike ride. He said, "let's go home and NOT come back." ha/ha Wuss. It looks like RJ handled it much better!

Natalie said...

You are so much braver than I am---but, we already knew that! I am glad you had fun!

Stephanie Kelly said...

Jess...thanks for the comment it was very helpful!!!

Staci said...

awe that looks like fun..i want to go camping w/ miles sometime soon. I love RJ's lil hat sooo cute.

Lauren said...

Cute pictures jessica!