Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Time Line Tag

20 Years Ago...
1. I was three years old and had white blond hair
2. Wore dresses everyday, even through the winter
3. I loved books and would pretend to read for hours
10 Years Ago...
1. I was 13 years old and in 8th grade, ballet was my life
2. My favorite TV show was Croc Hunter on Animal Planet starring Steve Irwin
3. I changed for ballet in the bathroom at school and accidentally walked through the halls wearing my sports bra as a necklace. I was outside waiting with my friends for the ballet carpool before they pointed it out. A girl named Amy Neild who I was intimidated by had passed me in the hall and gave me a weird look.
5 Years Ago...
1. I had just graduated high school and was working for an artist named Thomas Holdman on his stained glass window crew. That summer we were making windows for the Sao Paulo Brazil LDS temple. I mainly cut glass.
2. Was excited to move out to attend Weber State University
3. My aunt told me she would make a bet I would be married in a year. I thought she was crazy and I'm glad I didn't take that bet because oddly enough, I would have lost.
3 Years Ago...
1. Rhett and I had been married for one year and our basement apartment in Ogden flooded and we had to make mad dash to move to ghetto Salt Lake City
2. I was half way done with the Radiology program, living at Alta View Hospital having to put in 24 hours a week of un-paid clinical hours and trying to work as much as possible around that. Some days I'd work a double, 7am to midnight...those were crazy days.
3. We started our summer tradition with all our nieces and nephews. This was the first year and they all came up and stayed overnight and we went to the drive-in movie. They had never heard of them and loved it. We saw Herbie with Lindsay Lohan and Sky High. We were racing home, I drove the girls and Rhett had the boys in the truck at 2am...the girls totally won. Since then, we've done our summer fling swimming in St. George--this year there will be 11 kids. Each year more can come as they turn 8 years old. We LOVE it.
1 Year Ago...
1. We were home and I experienced my full 4th of July in Delta, UT and it didn't disappoint. In Delta the 4th is bigger than Christmas for the town it seems--really fun.
2. We were still living in the old shack of a farmhouse
3. We were hoping to start our family
So Far This Year...
1. I gave birth to our son
2. I quit my job as the Telemetry Tech in the ICU
3. Had to move within 12 days when I was 7 months pregnant because our landlord let her house we were renting fall into foreclosure and didn't notify us...the mortgage company showed up while we were praying before eating dinner to claim the house. We still don't know what was up with that landlord, but it turned out better for us in the end because we moved into a nicer place.
Today...
1. I began packing because we're moving cross-country two weeks from today
2. Made cookies--chocolate chip, pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas...trying to use the frozen food since we're moving
3. Got pooped and puked on
Tomorrow...
1. We're spending the day to Nauvoo and Carthage, IL to see the church sites
2. Hang out and baby sit 2-year-old twins Max & Jonnie while their parents go to the Nauvoo Temple
3. Going to drive across the Mississippi River for the last time in a long while

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Are Max and Jonnie Natalie and Ray's kids?

Jessica said...

Marianne: Yes they are...do you know them?

Marianne said...

yep- the greenwoods- natalie was my dental hygienist back in utah. crazy! tell her hi for me!

Unknown said...

ha- I forgot about crocodile hunter! remember going to mysha's and acting like steve erwin with all the pets and animals around their house?? you always had the best impression of steve...those were the days!
oh, and I was laughing out loud (which is something I don't do often when I read blogs) about the new aerocare display...I love the packing tape!