Saturday, March 15, 2008

FINISHED!

To maintain my licence as a radiographer I have to complete a bunch of continuing education credits. Usually they are pretty easy to accumulate if you are working in the field, but these 2 years unable to work in Radiology have kind of stressed me out to get these done. I had the goal to obtain all 24 before the baby comes, and today I finished the last one!!!


And on another positive note, only 5 more weeks working as the telemetry tech in the ICU. Although boring at times, I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about cardiac arrythmia, and this job has been beneficial to my overall medical knowledge. I've learned a lot just working in the ICU, and probably the most beneficial thing I've learned has been seeing med students in their clinicals. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to expect when Rhett's doing rotations these next two years and I'll know to some extent what he's experiencing, so I'll be able to sympathize when all he has to tell me is hospital experiences and all I have to share are the number of poopy diapers. I hope to have some knowledge in what he is going through...and I'll save some nasty diapers so he can know what I'm going through.
And as excited as I am to quit my job and just be a stay at home mom for a few months, knowing I will work PRN once we move is kind of nice. I will be able to have some experiences beyond child care and hopefully I will be still be able to carry on a conversation without always bringing up the baby...but it seems this is hard for most moms to do, so it's probably inevitable my identity will change from adult to mom and kid issues are all I can talk about.

1 comment:

The Wilkins' said...

Congrats Jess - that is great! You are hilarious. It is definitely hard to not talk about your kid(s) when you spend all day with them! Good luck :)