Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pizza On the Grill

Pizza made on your outdoor grill. I've seen these on blogs for a long time, but just recently tried it...and I loved it. Lynette loved it too. My dad wouldn't try it because it was too "weird". To my dad, "weird food" means gourmet and really tasty.
Photobucket




There are probably lots of instructions out there, but this is what I did--just winging it.
1. Make your pizza dough.
2. Get all your toppings ready and have them handy next to the grill. Heat your grill.
3. Roll out your pizza crust to desired thickness. Brush olive oil on one side and flip it onto the hot grill. The oil keeps the dough from sticking. Let the first side cook for 3-5 minutes until it is starting to crisp up.
4. While the first side is grilling, brush the raw side that is up with olive oil.
5. Flip the crust over. Now the second side is cooking and you are looking at a beautiful, grilled circle of crust. Quickly spread sauce over it and throw your toppings on.
6. Cover the lid of the grill to cook for about 5-10 more minutes unti the cheese is melted and the crush is firm and a little crunchy.
7. Eat it and love that it is summer!

Photobucket

For our pizza, I used prepared pesto as the sauce. We love pesto. Then I threw on mozzerella cheese, bacon crumbles, pine nuts, tomato sliced thin, and fresh basil. IT WAS GOOD. We really liked the crust. It's slightly crisp and has the great grilled flavor. Lynette suggested adding cooked chicken to this pizza next time. I agreed and I have a great lemon chicken marinade from this chick I met in Kirksville.
We had it with fresh corn on the cob. Actually, before we ate, I just ran out in my mom's garden and grabbed the fresh basil, corn and tomatoes. It's great to live with a garden addict.

Especially fresh corn on the cob. It is so delcious. Butter. Salt. Corn. Heaven must have stacks of fresh corn on the cob. Tonight Lynette and I were loving our "hand shucked" corn and observed how much better it is fresh. "FROM STALK TO STOMACH IN 30 MINUTES." I think when I grow up I will like to grow some corn of my own. RJ liked it. (Yes, his shirt is dirty and his nose had just quit bleeding...that is life)

2 comments:

Mr. Dean R. Kelly said...

This looks really delicious! I would have loved to sample this one.

Devri Overall said...

Wow RJ looks so much older! Your etsy stuff is so cute. I can't believe how close we are, we should get together for lunch or something.