Friday, February 27, 2009

I finally did it



I've been wanting to use http://www.blurb.com/ for a while to compile all my favorite recipes that I use all the time and I finally finished and ordered it.


If you haven't seen blurb, it's really user friendly and pretty affordable (shipping is overpriced) to publish your own stuff.


Lynette made a book of all the letters she and her husband exchanged through their courtship and that was neat.

Anyway, there's my plug for blurb.


The title: "All Good Things Come From the Kitchen" is a saying from a ballet instructor. I can't remember her name, she was guest teaching and she told us our abdomen was our kitchen and all good things come from the kitchen. At the time I thought it was a bogus analogy to ballet, but I totally agree with it now as it applies to the center of my home being the kitchen. I was pretty much raised in the kitchen, most of our family hanging out and talking was in the kitchen. When friends came over we'd pretty much sit at the huge counter and eat and talk. Fond memories in the kitchen I guess.


In the shack farmhouse we used to live in while in Missouri I made this shelf:
I sold the shelf for $12 at a yard sale because I didn't want to haul it across the country.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I want to see your book!!!!

melody said...

What a fun project! I have made many photo books and I just recently heard about Blurb. I was thinking of trying that company out. And thanks for posting the pie recipe above. That looks totally delicious. I am pretty sure you are now responsible for a major craving I am experiencing.