Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THRILLER

Last weekend, Rhett's sisters and their daughters and RJ and I went to St. George for a girl's weekend and to see Odyssey Dance Theatre's Production of Thriller at the Tuachan amphitheatre.
We had a blast. After watching Michael Jackson's Thriller video all morning, the mom's went shopping and I stayed home with the nieces. They wanted to swim. It was really nice weather, but the pool had not been heated for weeks and the water was cold. But when you are 10 years old, what is freezing cold water when you have the opportunity to swim all day long?


I was taking pictures and after enough harassment, jumped in also. I swam for the first half of the day with them, but I guess I'm lame because after we ate our lunch of dino-shaped chicken nuggets, I just couldn't get back in. When I'd get out, it would feel so warm in the air, I stayed out. When I announced I was done swimming for the day, Brinley (7) said: "Jess, I think the water is warmer now." I dipped my hand in and said it felt about the same to me. "Well, you gotta feel it with your foot." I laughed and she dove in.


We made homemade caramel and dipped a bunch of apples and pretzel rods. That was fun. By this time Rhett's sisters came back from shopping and my Mom came home from work and we headed off to Snow Canyon.

The girls were afraid of the zombies that walk around prior to the performance and at intermission. We took a picture with one, and then Brooklyn felt brave enough to get a picture alone with a zombie. The show was great, with the headless horseman on stage with a live horse and a flying fire pumpkin ball being new to me since I saw it 3 years ago. I always love the black lit skeletons that tap dance and the Bride of Frankenstein. My favorite, has to be, however, the Sugar Plum Fairy being shot dead by Jason.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

AWESOME! You look gorgeous, by the way!! They do Halloween here the weekend before the actual date, kind of interesting.........I think it is so all the adults can go get wasted on Halloween night; just a theory though.

Ashley said...

Oh, they're so cute! Makes me glad to have girls. "And Brooklyn!" I love the attitude :) I still haven't seen Thriller, but I'd love to. Especially if it involves a girls weekend in St George! Looks like you had a great time!